Cone Light Control

Started by CheapBeer, February 19, 2020, 03:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheapBeer

I've imported a spotlight model with a sphere where the physical bulb would be and assigned a spotlight material to it from the menu.
When controlling the light direction the cone appears as a dot, and only when zooming way in can I see the cone.
Q: Can I increase the size of the cone icon so I can see it in the room, and why is this happening?

DMerz III

Hmm - have not experienced that myself yet- just curious, what is the scale of your scene and the scale of that part?

If you go to the position tab and check the scale parameter, is it something higher than 1?

CheapBeer

DMerz,
I think it has something to do with part scale as you say.
It is a metric block(mm) imported from a Rhino file which is in inches. The Keyshot file is also in inches. Looking at the part's "Position" dialog is shows the scale as ".03937..."
Perhaps I should scale in Rhino and scale and reimport?

DMerz III

Hmm interesting - not too familiar with how Rhino handles scale on the export. I would be sure to check the units in Rhino coincide with what your scene units are in Keyshot.

But I am almost positive it has to do with scaling.

HaroldL

Quote from: CheapBeer on February 24, 2020, 11:48:07 AM
DMerz,
I think it has something to do with part scale as you say.
It is a metric block(mm) imported from a Rhino file which is in inches. The Keyshot file is also in inches. Looking at the part's "Position" dialog is shows the scale as ".03937..."
Perhaps I should scale in Rhino and scale and reimport?
You can also just change the scale in KeyShot, try changing the .03937 to 1.0 and see how it looks.