Name Templates

Started by Furniture_Guy, March 04, 2020, 02:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furniture_Guy

Is it possible to use the new 'Name Templates' feature with Multi-Materials?

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

mattjgerard

Quote from: Furniture_Guy on March 04, 2020, 02:06:30 PM

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

no.... I asked the same thing a couple weeks ago, and that would be the killer feature for me. The way they are implementing custom naming is awesome, there is so much potential, and I hope that this is just the tip of what they are able to open up to us. C4D uses this system (they call them "naming tokens") and can pull from a list of hundreds of drag and drop items to name files with. I see tons of potential with this. I am trying to work around limitations of our Adobe website back end services to deliver better spinsets and interactive items by using services like servit.com but they require specific naming schemas that are a pain to do by hand, but have to now. Get this naming scheme rigged to scripting and bam, there's a robust solution for all the worlds naming problems!

Furniture_Guy

Quote from: mattjgerard on March 05, 2020, 06:59:36 AM
Quote from: Furniture_Guy on March 04, 2020, 02:06:30 PM

THANKS!

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

no.... I asked the same thing a couple weeks ago, and that would be the killer feature for me. The way they are implementing custom naming is awesome, there is so much potential, and I hope that this is just the tip of what they are able to open up to us. C4D uses this system (they call them "naming tokens") and can pull from a list of hundreds of drag and drop items to name files with. I see tons of potential with this. I am trying to work around limitations of our Adobe website back end services to deliver better spinsets and interactive items by using services like servit.com but they require specific naming schemas that are a pain to do by hand, but have to now. Get this naming scheme rigged to scripting and bam, there's a robust solution for all the worlds naming problems!

Thanks Matt!

I do have a workaround using 'A Better File Rename' but it sure would be nice to do it at the source.

I would also like the option to embed an sRGB ICC profile in the image output dialog....

Perry (Furniture_Guy)