Main Menu

HP Flash Drive

Started by w.wolf, October 16, 2011, 11:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w.wolf

Hi everyone, I couldn't find the board that says just 'Shots' so I am posting my work here ...
I know my way around KeyShot but for the lack of practice I'm more of a beginner, here's my only half decent renders and I need some help. I'm not satisfied with these, the black logo and other parts are too dark, noise on the standing flash drive maybe due to the ground set to diffuse, the hard edges are ugly and in general I feel there's something missing ...
I appreciate any notes or criticism ...

feher

Very nice start.
For the first image your loosing the Sharp, you need mid tones.
Second and thrid images you missing high lights. that will bring another dimension to your renders.
I would try some different angles for your first image. Also increase your gamma on the real time tab for your first and third image.
I really like your mood(color) choice.
Thanks for sharing.
Keep up the great work.
Tim

w.wolf

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you very much for the information and the kind words ...

Josh3D

Could almost pick it right off the screen w! very nice looking.

Also, just want to let others know where they can download the model for their own renderings! http://grabcad.com/library/hp-v210w-flash-drive

Looks like some great participation on the renderings too!

Josh

w.wolf

Thank you Josh, it's nice to hear that you like it.
And yeah, I'd love if someone else is willing to give it a shot ...

Zander85

I really like the first render. I just think it might look nicer on a background that isn't so dark.  :)

w.wolf

Thanks Zander, I'll see what I can do. :)