denoise using normal map After textures?

Started by andy.engelkemier, March 09, 2020, 07:48:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy.engelkemier

Is there any option to do denoising using the textures?
It works based on the normal map of the unit right? Well, if you make the model bumpy as hell then denoising totally ruins your texture. I'm not sure of any case I would add a bump map, and then want my software to smooth it back out for me.

I really enjoy not needing as many samples in heavily shadowed areas, or SSS type materials. But for Anything with a bump applied, I need the standard image.

Is there a way to tell keyshot to denoise using the normal map that would be created using the textures that are applied?

mattjgerard

I requested denoising on a material level, make it a checkbox on each material. That would solve a lot of issues for me. Right now it is being applied on the flattened image after rendering as an image effect, so its all or nothing. I have resorted to rendering 2 images, one denoised and one without denoising. I think another request was having some sort of render pass for the image pre-denoised so that it can be painted back in when needed. Save a lot of time vs rendering 2 separate images.

andy.engelkemier

Ha, yes. That was my request. adding Raw Sort of works. But it doesn't work if you add to PSD, which saves me some time (when it works).
But submitting That many renders takes for Flipping Ever. I have 10 Main renders to do. But I have to render with and without an accessory (not keyshot's fault there) so that's 20. Then I have to render reflections manually because we can't get true mirror reflections out of keyshot with a good selection. So that's 40. Then I have to render ground shadows on their own, otherwise you get a halo, but that's only 2 cameras so just two there. so 42. But transparent objects aren't actually transparent, so there's another 2 renders for the couple transparent objects by making my own masks (44). And if I needed most of those denoised And with noise? That's 88 renders? Do you have any idea how long it takes to submit 88 renders? I do. *End rant.

The little things that Seem like we are just complaining make it so we can do more in the same amount of time, OR charge less and get more work. If I can get a workflow going where I only Actually needed to render 20 times for 20 renders, that would save me hours.

mattjgerard