Amazing Watch Renders?

Started by wongsyu, March 09, 2020, 05:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wongsyu

Hi Keyshotters,

I came across these stunning renders of rolex watches by Maurice Jochem,
done in keyshot. By far these are the most beautiful watch renders iv seen since, well I started using keyshot. Iv seen watch renders done in keyshot, but none even come close to this level of detail and quality.

Is this a limitation of the engine (keyshot just cant reach this level of fidelity?), or is it simply easier in other renderers (Octane/Redshift)

I mean just look at those reflections.

DriesV

Just to be clear, just by looking at the description, those images do not appear to be done in KeyShot.
However, I can't see why a skilful KeyShot user wouldn't be able to reach this kind of quality.

These images are all about the art and craft of mastering lighting and material reflections. :)

Dries

mattjgerard

And as someone else posted elsewhere, it is rare that a single image comes out of a render engine ready for use. Especially high end images that are being used for advertising, there are sometimes dozens of renders being merged, photoshopped and massaged to look they way they do.

Remember that Keyshot (redshift, octane, etc) are tools. What I've seen and personally experienced over 20 years in the industry is that 90% of the time the limitations are not that of the tool, but the person using it.

INNEO_MWo

Wise words, Matt. You nailed it!

DMerz III

I agree with the others here - there's really nothing here that Keyshot is not capable of - the engine itself is not what determines how good the art is in this case.

As Dries mentioned - this artist has a really good understanding of lighting and materials and obviously put in the time and effort to get there - Using Keyshot isn't going to make you a lighting master overnight- neither will using Redshift or Octane - those are skills developed over time with practice and studying the methodologies.

Also - personal opinion aside - I have seen this quality before on these very forums. If you spend some time looking you'll find some top-notch stuff on here - maybe not specifically a rolex?

DMerz III

:) Take a look here - https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=25849.0

Totally different style than the Rolex (which in my opinion is a bit of a played-out style - but hey, it is a Rolex).
You can see there's a LOT of attention to detail here and PouyaHosseinzadeh is a great artist using the tools very well.

DriesV

For what it's worth, the images in this gallery have all been done with KeyShot.
http://www.bladerender.com/index.php/en/gallery

Absolutely top-notch work. I added some examples below.

Dries

DMerz III

8) those are great!

Thanks for sharing, Dries!

sleby

That's nothing that can't be done in Keyshot. It just takes some skill and time to post process everything.
Have a look at this video that someone posted in another thread.

https://youtu.be/GblMRN039K0