First touch of snow (Alfa romeo 4c)

Started by Hossein Alfideh, March 04, 2020, 08:37:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hi everybody,
It's been some time since I've posted anything here but I'm delighted to share my latest work with you guys. I'm more focusing on learning video editing softwares like After effects and DaVinci resolve; so I decided to create an animation using one of my old models of my favourite car Alfa romeo 4c. In here you can see 3 still images
The texture work on the body is all done in Keyshot using multiple textures and displacement and the snow particles are made in after effects.
You're feedback is welcomed as always. Hope you like this scene :)

designandiogo

It looks terrific! As usual  ;D

Any chance to see the final animation somewhere else? Now I'm super curious!

Pouya Hosseinzadeh

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: designandiogo on March 04, 2020, 10:02:12 AM
It looks terrific! As usual  ;D

Any chance to see the final animation somewhere else? Now I'm super curious!

Thanks a lot. I tried a lot to upload it here but couldn't do it. You can see the conpressed animation in the link below :)
https://youtu.be/YRwpOACCYu8

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: PouyaHosseinzadeh on March 04, 2020, 11:58:53 AM
Gorgeous shots. Well done, Hossein!

Thanks a lot pouya for your kind words! Really appreciate it man :)

jamesinv

Stunning ✌️ would love to see an added shot of second still with the car side lights on just to see red light reflection on the wet ground... impressive!

Zeltronic

So let's try to be constructive, first of all I really like your work in general,
but I will try to be a little critical as I would like people be for my own work:
The model is really good , on the other hand personally the choice of colors and the general lighting makes the scene a little be depressing,
the fact of taking colors like green and blue which are very close on the color wheel makes the scene less readable from my point of view,
especially since it is (can be voluntarily) under lighting.
the water on the bodywork is globaly done successfully although in some images and in particular on the one of the front,
the right side gives the impression of an dug effect with water a little bit as if there was some bump mapping here.
Nothing to say about the snowfall which works very well.
Here are my observations that are engaging only myself of course and want to still be very careful.
I allow myself to flesh out my comment because I tend and many others also to content myself with leaving a "good job" which does not in fact bring much.