Main Menu

Action recording

Started by germannick, April 08, 2020, 10:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

germannick

In our workflow we have many redundant steps. To eliminate those and to speed up the process, an ACTION RECORDING, like in Photoshop, would be wonderful.
Scripting is not an option, due to its complexity (writing it)

mafrieger

big +1 !!!

Many softwares do it this elegant and efficient way - not only Photoshop does...

Maybe one can name it "standard way" for all apps which offers already scripting:
record the actions and made them visible within the script editor to modify and reuse them
so go KS go :-D

Many thanks!

DMerz III

Hmm that is a cool idea - wondering if there is some scripting power that could be utilized.

mafrieger

just a quick example from a  CAD software how it looks like (1:30min): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9FdnbkPQPs

mafrieger

if you like it just add a +1 in a new comment :-)

mattjgerard

Quote from: DMerz III on April 09, 2020, 10:04:15 AM
Hmm that is a cool idea - wondering if there is some scripting power that could be utilized.

I've looked at the scripting and its not for the faint of heart. There's no interface but a text editor for it, and little documentation so you have to have a pretty deep knowledge of Python (which is one of the easier languages to learn, but still....) I'd love to learn to script, but just don't have the time to do it.

germannick

theAVator

+1  here as well.
I use them so much in PS, very handy