Configurator and XR

Started by ifeldown, April 11, 2020, 11:04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifeldown

Is it possible to use Configurator to output XR files?  I have a slew of designs where the tops and bottoms are interchangeable and I'd like to be able to render interactive 360's of each, but the combos make it in the thousands when including multi-materials (many hundreds even in just 1 material) so not having to do it manually would be a huge time saver.

Jesper Mosegaard

This is unfortunately not possible today. The configurator and XR are separate.

If this was possible, how would you like your end result? Do you want the full UI included in our configurator (and web export of configurator) with interactive 360 (XR) - or are you looking for a way to setup the rendering of many similar XR's that will be integrated into your own web pages?

I guess the multi-materials you want to render differ on much more than simply color, right?

Regards. Jesper

ifeldown

Hi Jesper,

Thanks for the reply, understandable that they are separate. 

The end result I'd be interested in is just the setup of many similar XR's that would be integrated onto my own web page.  The configurator UI is very helpful in double checking that all my configurations have been included but so far I've found the greatest use of the configurator function to be the organization and quick setup enabling the rendering of thousands of images.

The multi-materials I am using include 3 metal types, so it's effectively just color though there is some variation in how they reflect light.

Regards