Removing Number Count from Configurator Renders

Started by ifeldown, April 15, 2020, 11:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ifeldown

Is it possible to remove the number count at the end of the file name from the render outputs?  I know you can tweak the names to reflect the model sets, cameras, etc... used for each configuration but there ends up being a number that gets tacked on at the end of the file name no matter the setting.  Is it possible for Keyshot to not add this?

Furniture_Guy

Quote from: ifeldown on April 15, 2020, 11:24:10 PM
Is it possible to remove the number count at the end of the file name from the render outputs?  I know you can tweak the names to reflect the model sets, cameras, etc... used for each configuration but there ends up being a number that gets tacked on at the end of the file name no matter the setting.  Is it possible for Keyshot to not add this?

I asked awhile back... No dice.

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

Eric Summers

If you want to render without the system render number, you can! Just change from system render # to none, or set up your own. The naming templates were added in 9.1.

ifeldown

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.  I am using 9.2 and see the options to configure your own naming profile, which I set up, but it still tacks on a number at the end even if I remove the system render number from the naming profile.  I've attached a picture, the previewed name doesn't have it but the actual filename output does.  Is there something I am overlooking or misunderstanding that's causing it to reappear?

Regards.

Eric Summers

Oh, I just noticed you're using configurator. I'd bet that's why it's adding on a number. Sorry I thought it was just a still image render - I guess the coffee hadn't kicked in yet :-[

ifeldown

Hah, totally understandable.  It's a weird feature as it's just an overall tally since no 2 renders have the same name that'd require numbering for differentiation but there are external applications that can bulk edit file names so that seems the best way to work around this issue.

Furniture_Guy

Quote from: ifeldown on April 16, 2020, 02:28:22 PM
Hah, totally understandable.  It's a weird feature as it's just an overall tally since no 2 renders have the same name that'd require numbering for differentiation but there are external applications that can bulk edit file names so that seems the best way to work around this issue.

My favorite is 'A Better Finder Rename' on the Mac and 'A Better File Rename' in Windows.

Perry (Furniture_Guy)

ifeldown

Good to know, thanks!  The one I came across and have had success using so far is Bulk Rename on Windows but will certainly take a look at Better File Rename to compare.