Main Menu

BMX chassis WELDING

Started by Hossein Alfideh, April 21, 2020, 01:11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossein Alfideh

Hi everyone,
Hope you all doing well in this critical time and be safe.
This post is a massive shout out to Magnus Skogsfjord for his awesome Welding tutorial which I found on his behance profile and youtube channel.
I have modeled this chassis in CATIA to see if the UV mapping gets messed up or not. I gotta say when it comes to normal fillets there won't be a problem and luckily you can get the result without any problem but it gets a bit weird when the fillet has variable radius. It is vital to use generative shape design for creating the welding area. each weld must be in a separate geometrical set as shown in the picture and then the textures would do the magic.
Hope you enjoy. :)

Finema

Magnus Skogsfjord

And boy, you did a better job with those textures than I did. Looks fantastic! Even better in high res!

richardfunnell

Dang these are good!! Great looking work :)

KeyShot

NM-92

This is really well applied. I looked at it willingly to find a mistake and i couldn't. Nice attention to detail.

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on April 21, 2020, 04:57:24 AM
And boy, you did a better job with those textures than I did. Looks fantastic! Even better in high res!
Thanks man! means a lot :)

Hossein Alfideh

Thank you all for your nice words. I'm glad you like the results feels great to hear it from you guys!  :)

Tomás Neumann

Saw this on Instagram, and I was hoping to find it here. You nailed it man! I would love to see it with a coat of paint just for the heck of it.

DerekCicero

Josh3D

Absolutely LOVE the weld details. Great work, Hossein!

Hossein Alfideh

Quote from: Tomás Neumann on April 22, 2020, 07:03:55 AM
Saw this on Instagram, and I was hoping to find it here. You nailed it man! I would love to see it with a coat of paint just for the heck of it.
Thanks man! Definitely going to do so :)

Hossein Alfideh

Thank you Josh and Derek for the nice words :)

jamesinv