Create small magnetic particles

Started by clugsm, April 21, 2020, 05:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clugsm

I'm starting to find too much work taking product photos which sometimes is even impossible. So I'm looking for an alternative to taking the images from the attachment. I don't think the red dried tomato is that important to model but the dark magnetically attracted metal particles are essential. Actually I don't think it is possible to make this as a material and am now trying to model it in blender and then render it in Keyshot.

I still have to learn both programs so maybe you can indicate what your approach route would be to make something like this?

designgestalt

I would try using the fuzz material (with a mask!) for the magnetic particles first, before going to Blender.
I have not tried it myself, but I think that should work and be much quicker ...

cheers
designgestalt

NM-92

+1 on the fuzz solution. It should work with the right tweaks.

TGS808

My first thought was to use Fuzz as well so I decided to give it a try and this is what I got. In order or to get the specific shapes that the particles fall into in your example photo, you may need to create a custom density map in Photoshop. If that shape is not important, you could probably do it all in KeyShot. I'm attaching the KSP file so you can see how this was put together. Hope it helps.

Not sure if it needs mentioning but you'll need KeyShot 9 for this.

clugsm

Wow, I clearly do not fully understand the power of Fuss yet. Awesome example you made there. Thanks all for the help Tomorrow I will try to reproduce this effect on my own files. I looks fantastic already.