Automotive Rendering Practice (Denoiser feature)

Started by NM-92, April 23, 2020, 09:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NM-92

Hello guys !

I was never really good at rendering vehicles so i decided to challenge myself to step up my game. I've modeled a really simple scene and tossed a model in there to see what happened after a while of barely touching any car model. I've built quite a library of free models i gathered throughout the years from sites like behance, forums, grabcad, etc. So these aren't modeled by me. Can't even remember where i found them but if you are interested in any of them i'll try to track it down.

Anyways. My I7 2600K is nearly 9 years old now, so i figured i could try the denoiser feature. AWESOME. All of these are just rendered in 60 samples and no presence of fireflies at all. As these surfaces are really polished, i didn't suffer any loss of details. (blending at around .4)

Pretty sattisfied with the overall result. I hope you like them !
Cheers forum.

puyopuyo

Finema

Awesome renders Nico ! and great Denoiser Feature
here my Bonnie :)

NM-92

Quote from: puyopuyo on April 24, 2020, 02:19:37 AM
Looks awesome, How did you light the scenes?

Thank you ! Glad to hear that coming from you. Lighting comes directly from the HDRI. May have been rotated for some of the images but nothing too complex. It was a balance with material work. The Honda and Lancer use a different one for the rest of the set.

NM-92

Quote from: Finema on April 24, 2020, 02:33:50 AM
Awesome renders Nico ! and great Denoiser Feature
here my Bonnie :)

That's a beautiful bike.

KeyShot

designgestalt

Tight parking ... ;)
besides the beautifully rendered cars, I also like the concrete texture a lot!
well done !!

cheers
designgestalt

NM-92

Thanks !

Ha, yes. Scaling is totally off in most of these images. Wasn't really the goal of all this. Columns are ridiculously close to the cars.

JimmyToTheBe

Quote from: NM-92 on April 27, 2020, 06:48:51 AM
Thanks !

Ha, yes. Scaling is totally off in most of these images. Wasn't really the goal of all this. Columns are ridiculously close to the cars.

What do you mean close? This is like parking in the UK car parks

NM-92

Quote from: JimmyToTheBe on April 29, 2020, 04:51:14 PM
Quote from: NM-92 on April 27, 2020, 06:48:51 AM
Thanks !

What do you mean close? This is like parking in the UK car parks

Didn't know ! Lancer EVO was the first one of this set and that was the one i felt comfortable with. The rest of them were imported and eye-balled.

designgestalt

same here in germany ...
I have a VW bus and in some garages I need a shoehorn to get out of my car ... :)

Josh3D

Just absolutely awesome work, Nico. Love it.

NM-92

Quote from: Josh3D on May 01, 2020, 11:19:29 AM
Just absolutely awesome work, Nico. Love it.

Thank you Josh ! Certainly an improvement for me. Car imagery was never something i was really proud of.

Ryan Levy

NM-92