Automate Export Studios/Model sets as separate Keyshot files

Started by mattjgerard, April 29, 2020, 08:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

Is there a way to export Studios or model sets as separate KS docs? I will often have product families with dozens of products in one KS project always in different model sets (one for each product) and then sometimes connected to studios if there are different cameras and materials. Before I look into trying to learn python to figure out how to script a solution, is there a premade way to split out all the model sets or studios into their own bip files? Our archiving systems requires the psd and the source file for each image so now I have to do it one at a time.

The other ask is that is there a way to use the "Save Active Material Sets" to package the file instead of just saving it? Gathering labels and textures would be a very helpful option in this case

Thanks!

DerekCicero

The new Naming Templates feature helps with the PSD naming so you can can have the file name reflect the active model set, but there is no way to do a Save As... File_Name_Model Set 1.ksp. It may be possible with scripting using the getImportOptions(...) command and selecting the first model set and then saveFile(...)