HDRI interior render light splotches/bleeding Help!

Started by discojou, May 05, 2020, 02:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

discojou

Hello everyone.

I have been tinkering with hdri + area lights to create interior renders but I am encountering strange bleeding on all the surfaces of my geometries. I used an HDRI  with a pin, as well as an arealight to light up the front of the scene. I tinkered with settings on ray bounces and GI bounces but i didn't see any significant changes.
If anyone can suggest how I fix this interior that would be super helpful! Been having this issue for a while.

HDRI settings:
Brightness - 2
Contrast - 0.5
Sun Size - 10
Ray bounces - 20
GI bounces - 20

Arealight: 9000 lumen

Justin A

We have a great scene for you to look at that will give you insight into correcting the lighting of the scene.
Please note the samples need to be over  20 for the lighting to start to clean up.

Here is the link: https://www.keyshot.com/download/349234/

Justin,
Luxion Support

Captain Fantastic

Please help, I have the same problem. Mine is even worse.
I have a front wall but It's hidden. I use keyshot 9.

KristofDeHulsters

This is a very common issue. The ways to usually solve this is by:
- Increasing the size of the geometry of the area lights. Light planes coming from the outside shouldn't be an issue in both these scenes. It is mainly when using area lights in fixtures close to reflective geometry.
- Working with point one, having a small light source close to very shiny geometry could cause this issue. If the light really needs to be that close, try using a spotlight or an IES profile.
- The last big one is having 0 roughness geometry in your scene. 0 geometry doesn't exist in real life and it also doesn't work in Keyshot. Adding a really small roughness should keep it shiny but give Keyshot to work with some more realistic numbers. 0.01 or 0.001 usually does the trick.

Let me know if this helps you both out. If not, just shoot me a PM so I can have a look at your scene.