Lost renders

Started by aebstract, October 26, 2011, 03:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aebstract

I installed keyshot on a separate computer to run renders so that I can keep working while it goes. I got it all set up before I left work yesterday and let it run last night to see how it did. What I did after installation was copy over the startup.##.ext files over to the new scenes folder, along with my materials, environments, etc. When I went to process the queue they showed up, the first one started and the render looked correct. Now I'm here the next morning and I can't find my renders and the queue is empty. I looked in the normal spot for renderings, checked my settings in software and looked at the path it said, don't see a thing. :(

guest84672

The path where KeyShot is supposed to store the renderings was probably not found. Just my guess.

aebstract

When I go to Edit > Preferences > Folders, I can copy and paste the directory for rendering folder to a browser and it finds it no problem. It might be a difference in a folder being called "My Documents" vs "Documents". Is the directory information stored in the .ext file or does it go based on software settings only?

aebstract

No information at all as to how this works?

guest84672

The paths are stored in the ext file. If the folder names are different, then it may not work.