White backgrounds for professional product renderings

Started by Andrew365, June 16, 2020, 01:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew365

After finishing watch models for a company, I am turning to Keyshot to render. The company is asking that the objects be rendered on a pure white background so the images can be sent to amazon, etc. I was wondering what most people do in order to meet this requirement. In the past I have tried to do this in Photoshop, but I usually end up with jagged outside edges. Does anyone else run into this problem?

For this reason, I would like to render the product in keyshot with a white background, but the white background casts a very bright color on my object making my black watch look grey. Any suggestions for this?

HaroldL

Where I used to work we rendered out our product images as PNG with transparency and a White background. The image size was set to allow printing the image full size at 10 x 10 inches at 300 dpi.

The light level will have an effect on the model color. If the environment is too bright I'd turn it down a bit and see how it looks.

Trixtr

You can set the background as White but then also keep your environment lighting in the HDRI editor.