Interior

Started by Diqpotal, June 17, 2020, 08:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diqpotal

my first post. i need a lot of input in rendering interior

andy.engelkemier

the book is the weakest link. So definitely work on that shader. It's too perfect. Even if it's quite shiny, it'll never be perfectly flat. So consider a very large noise as a subtle bump map. Also I'd probably use a spec map at least so it's not quite so even.
Composition is great, although, it really lends itself to a subtle amount of DOF.
Lower the backplate. That hill looks to be coming right into the room. Also those trees are close, so you could probably stand to block that sun a little with a tree silhouette or two. With having such crisp shadows from the natural light, I'd expect to see some shadows cast inside by the trees.
The curtains are maybe too sheer? I didn't notice them at first. But since, I'm guessing, they have no thickness, you can never really use "physically accurate" shaders for that, so you'll have to just cheat till it looks right. Consider using a falloff map, and by that I mean a gradient map using camera angle as the control. If the curtain is facing away from the camera, it should be less transparent.
Something is odd about the rug. I can't tell what it is. Is it cement?
The TV is on, but just showing the LG logo? Just leave it off.

Diqpotal

thank you for your advice. very helpful

andy.engelkemier

It looks great, in case I wasn't clear. It's always great to ask people what the first thing they notice about the render is. Always address that first.