Keyshot and calibrated monitors

Started by Bagelwitz, July 30, 2020, 06:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagelwitz

Hi All,

First let me describe my current set up. I'm using an Eizo CS2420 monitor being calibrated by an X-Rite i1Display Pro + software. My computer is a 2016 MacBook Pro 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel i7 with 16 GB ram.

I'm using a custom calibration that is setup for photography. My typical workflow is processing RAW images in CaptureOne and exporting as tiff's to Photoshop and than outputting as sRGB Jpegs (for web,mobile, etc viewing).

Currently I am using the Keyshot 9 demo version. I'm just trying to get back up to speed as the last version of Keyshot I used was version 6. My plan is to pick up version 9 in the upcoming future.

So here is my problem: My live view does not match any screen shot or rendering output as Jpegs or PNG's. From what I have read, Keyshot live view uses the sRGB color space for live view as well as output.

Now what I have been able to figure out is that the Keyshot live view seems to be using my monitor calibration. If I output the render as a tiff and process in Photoshop, everything looks normal and I can even output that tiff as an sRGB Jpeg in Photoshop and the colors look more similar to what I'm seeing on screen.  My Keyshot is not currently set to use a custom ICC profile. What is the best way to get these things to match up? Below are some screen captures of what I am seeing. Thanks!

The first image is the screen capture showing the difference bewteen a creen shot and live view. The second image is the  tiff file I output  using Photoshop.

Bagelwitz

So I think I found a solution to my issue. Maybe it will help someone else. I downloaded the latest version of Color Navigator 7 and recalibrated the monitor and have it set to sRGB mode. I can flip between that and Adobe RGB as needed. Everything looks to be matching up thus far.

PzyChi

Thanks for sharing! This would be helpful !