Space Navigator not supported in KeyShot 9 on Mac OS Catalina

Started by juancalcala, August 04, 2020, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juancalcala

This is a unique post addressing the fact that KeyShot 9 does not support 3DConnexion Space Navigator.  I contacted 3DConnexion and their employee stated that it was KeyShot who had discontinued support for their Space Navigator product.  This is truly unfortunate because I use my Space Navigator for all other 3D model and rendering programs. 

Does anyone know if KeyShot is planning on releasing an update for KeyShot 9 that will allow the Space Navigator to work again?

Below is the email I received from 3DConnexion:

Hi Juan,
Thanks for the updates. Keyshot is the one of implemented support for our devices and make the devices function within the application. I've heard from one of the customer that Keyshot dropped the support for our devices starting from keyshot 9 which is why its not working on your end. Our team got notified and they're trying to communicate with them to find a solution. It would be great if you could contact keyshot asking for further assistance, they might be able to provide a useful workaround that might let the device function on your machine.
Regards,
Abdul. A