Started by aebstract, November 01, 2011, 07:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aebstract

Most recent work.

Solidworks
Keyshot
Photoshop

guest84672

Very nice. My only comment is that the black parts are very dark and this are losing definition. Maybe increase the image gamma in the realtime tab to make the image less contrasty.

feher

Nice work, I have to agree with Thomas on the black parts. Can't see them. Also don't care for the top color. It's making your intake very flat. Maybe rotate your dome until you get some nice shap on the top of the intake and render. then take the two images and combine them in Photoshop.
Thanks for sharing.
Would love to see you push this some more. I promiss you'll like what you get.
Tim

PhilippeV8

Also either reduce ground size or increase shadow quality ... ;)

aebstract

Thanks guys, all notes are being taken in but I want to comment on each of them. The black/details in the injectors definitely could be better and it's something I'll work on in the future, however we don't sell/supply injectors and all we have drawn up is basically a cylinder with a bigger cylinder in the middle haha. Maybe I'll do something with labels on future intake setups. In the future I'll try and get a little more going on in the top to bring it out better.. this intake actually IS pretty flat on top though! I think I had ground size all the way down and quality of shadows all the way up, I usually do. I might not have, I'll be sure to double check for it always from now on. I would have just done some post production on the shadows in photoshop but like usual I was on a "have this done yesterday" timeframe, which is why I won't be able to revisit it and fix it up. On a good side note, I'm going to have to re-render every intake that we design/build here for a new website very soon. I'll try to post what I have here and get help as I do that, as I want them to all be matching in quality and very nice.

Thanks for the comments and tips! :D