Has anyone ever tried Character Creator in Keyshot?

Started by LM6, September 15, 2020, 04:46:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LM6

Just trying it with the Translucent Medium, I think it works pretty good, here is a test using 2k maps

mattjgerard

looking at the software looks pretty cool. Bigger picture for me, I'm looking for more/better human models to use in my images as extras to the products that are being featured. Renderpeople models I've been buying are leaving a lot to be desired, but the price is ok. If there is a library of models for this I could totally see springing for it. I tried Daz but its really hard to find just plain people models, and the software doesn't make much sense in the way that zbrush doesn't make sense to me :) Plus I got pinged by the corp IT sensors browsing the DAZ library just trying to get past all the NSFW characters trying to find a dude in some work clothes!

downloading the trial now. should be interesting.

mafrieger

looks pretty cool!
Just looked at the website and they didn't list Keyshot as compatible tool.
Would you mind sharing some additional words regarding your workflow?

LM6

Quote from: mafrieger on September 15, 2020, 01:15:50 PM
looks pretty cool!

CC is a real time app mainly used for game character creation but maybe Luxion should speak to them as the above image was very easy to create.

After the scene was created in CC I exported the character as an .obj then imported into C4D and sub divided a few times, I then exported as an FBX and imported this into Keyshot 9

Below is the node graph using the Translucent Medium. It also works we'll using the Advanced shader when the diffuse map is used in the diffuse transmission but it creates more of a glow beneath the surface rather than a SSS effect.

Cheers

mattjgerard

Quote from: LM6 on September 16, 2020, 05:11:21 AM
Quote from: mafrieger on September 15, 2020, 01:15:50 PM
looks pretty cool!

That's a helluvalot easier than the layout I've been trying to use with Renderpeople people, and they provide spec alphas and normal maps. The underlying geometry from the 3d scans leave a lot to be desired though. Nicely done!

CC is a real time app mainly used for game character creation but maybe Luxion should speak to them as the above image was very easy to create.

After the scene was created in CC I exported the character as an .obj then imported into C4D and sub divided a few times, I then exported as an FBX and imported this into Keyshot 9

Below is the node graph using the Translucent Medium. It also works we'll using the Advanced shader when the diffuse map is used in the diffuse transmission but it creates more of a glow beneath the surface rather than a SSS effect.

Cheers