Folder locations frustration

Started by Eric Summers, September 14, 2020, 05:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

I have my folder locations customized in the preferences and some of them are to various network locations. The problem is if I open KeyShot and a particular network drive isn't mapped, KeyShot will reset my customized folder locations. Is there a way to stop this? It drives me crazy when I have to redo my customized folders just because I forgot to map a network drive (admittedly, not mapping the drive is my fault and is something I should remember :-[). I would prefer to have an error pop up saying something like 'Folder location for "Scenes" not found. Do you want to revert to the default location?"

phos4

In the last 3 days I am having a similar problem.  All my KS resources folders are on a local folder that syncs with the NAS and KS "loses" this information on a daily basis and I have to manually update all folder locations.
What would alreay help is to tell KS to look into a specific folder and to obtain all subfolders automatically (as long as the standard KS subfolders have not been renamed of course, and in case of question ask for location).
In my KS, the option "Specify location for all folders" is ticked but not clickable or editable, although all folders are custom linked as you can see below: 

PerFotoVDB

I feel your pain man. Have been struggling as well. Relative file paths instead of drive letter would be a blessing.