RTX 2060 Mobile Graphics Compatibility?

Started by Rollk1, September 24, 2020, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rollk1

Does anyone know if the RTX 2060 Mobile is compatible with ray tracing in Keyshot? I don't see the 2060 Mobile on Keyshot's recommended graphics cards (assuming because it has 4gb vs 6gb) but the card should still be able to support ray tracing, no?

Niko Planke

Hello Rollk1,

You are correct, while the card is compatible and would give you decent rendering performance, 4GB of video memory will limit you in terms of how large scenes you can render.

So yes is supports Raytracing in KeyShot and should work without problems, but i would still be hesitant to recommend it due to the low amount of video memory.
In case you wonder, scenes that are expected to cause problems include scenes with High Polygon counts and scenes with high resolution textures.

I hope this answers your question.

Rollk1

Thank you Niko, that's very helpful. I primarily render relatively simple product studios, so 4gb should be adequate (or at least that's what my wallet says).

On another note, do you by chance know if it's possible to navigate keyshot (pan,zoom, etc) via a Windows touchscreen laptop?