Re-link a Rhino file to a Keyshot file

Started by dänsn, September 16, 2020, 03:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dänsn

Hey @all,

there have been some quite similar topics here in the past years, but nowhere I could find a solution at the end of the discussions.

Here is what I face:
Have been working with Rhino and Keyshot for quite long now but still having to struggle with my workaround for this issue.
When I live link my design file from Rhino to Keyshot, then a new Keyshot file would open. Then I do all the material and lighting stuff and start to render.
But most of the times the result is not convincing on the first take so I go back to Rhino, do some changes to the industrial design and press the live linking button again. So far no issue.

But this process might take quite a couple of days until the final design is confirmed. And I would really like to save many Rhino files with different design options (or do incremental saves). But when I do so, Keyshot would not find the right Rhino file to live link again.
Is there an option in Rhino and/or Keyshot where you can tell both programs, that they should be linked to each other from now on.

My workaround is, to work on the same Rhino file for days and weeks but this is quite risky. And I don't have the possibility to save alternative designs.

Maybe there is a solution and I just do not know :(
Did anyone get an idea of what my problem is and what I can do?

Thank you.