Main Menu

My wishlist

Started by PerFotoVDB, September 28, 2020, 05:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PerFotoVDB

Hello,

I got a not in the collaboration thread that I should post my wishlist here.
It's not that large but would improve Keyshot significantly for us. Some topics are mine, some I have found in this thread and I repeat as I find the highly necessary.

1. Collaboration on bip files.
2. The models tab in the library. The models stored here should have an active link to any bip file that uses them. In that case models in the models lib would automatically sync /update the keyshot file you're working on. (or choose to have this synced or not)
3. Xref system (kind off the same as 2) like Maya, 3dsMax or C4D or whatever 3D app.
4. Clone via instance instead of only pure copies. (introduce a instancing system in Keyshot please)
5. More elaborate align/placing tools tools like 3dsMax. Align to normal/surface+min/max, etc... something useful to place items from the model library into a scene. This 'kitbashing' system should have better placing tools.
6. FBX import and export of animations.
7. Bridge to Blender.
8. Cutaway include instead of exclude.
9. Re-order studios.
10. Ability to group studios and color label them.
11. It would be awesome to have lighting presets and image aspect ratio as additional options in Studios. See original post
12. Change studio name on creation. See original post
13. More name template options. See original post
14. Update the passes system so it reflects more the AOV way like other renderers have so we can do more compositing. Ex.: Velocity or Motion Vector Pass, manual matte setup via RGB channnels+cryptomatte.
15. Set an object to invisible but still render. Ex.: Object with groundplane and be able to render the shadow out fully under the object (also as renderpass option)
16. And my biggest wish is a completely updated pattern tool to act more like a particles emitter. The ability to scatter objects on another i.e. grass/trees on terrain. Adding fur/hair to objects and many, many more. A paint brush mode for that would be awesome, TheaRender has this but I think Keyshot could do it better.

Cheers,
Per

PerFotoVDB

...already forget one.

17. Point physical lights like based on clicking the normal of an object. The a direct light mode and a rim light mode (like in HDR lightstudio)

Eric Summers

+1 on 9, 10, 11 & 12!

I've yet to find a good way to remember when I use a different lighting setup. I put the aspect ratio in my camera's name, but it would be much nicer if the Studio could contain all that info!

PerFotoVDB

+1 Eric!
An extension to the Studios system so it remembers resolution and render settings per Studio or global or override.
Currently, it's a pain in the ass.

Cheers

DaniS