Material texture not updating in realtime window when replaced in GPU Mode

Started by tomlai, May 19, 2020, 05:42:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomlai

When replacing a texture, it is not updating in the real-time window when in GPU mode. Although when rendering the replaced texture is used.

On toggling off the GPU button to CPU Mode, the replaced texture shows up. This toggles back and forth when we press the GPU Mode button.

KS 9.3    |   Windows 10    |   Intel - i7 9750    |   NVIDIA GTX 1650 (latest drivers)

Justin A

Would you be able to supply the scene that you are experiencing this So my support team can run some troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance,
Justin
Support manager
Luxion makers of KeyShot

tomlai

TEST CASE

in Keyshot, apply TEST-S.png as label

Change content of label in external image editor and Over-write exsiting file.

Refresh the image in Keyshot,
Or even, "Replace and Retain Size"

In CPU Mode, the real-time view updates,
while the real-time view does not update in GPU Mode.

look at screengrab video gif
>Original label was on WHITE background
>Changed background to YELLOW in Photoshop, and resaved by overwriting.
>You can see that the material editor has picked up the refreshed label image while the real-time window,  keeps the original label
>Rendering is outputting with correct UPDATED YELLOW label

tomlai

@Justin Are you able to replicate this behavior on another computer?

Justin A

I was having trouble replicating this one, the update was coming through even when using your workflow.
I'm going to have a few of my team run the same tests and see if we can emulate it.

Thanks in advance for the patience.

tomlai

djnoone

When labels are not updating, just thick them off and on again. It works for me.
Replace texture - thick off the visibility in the label - thick On again.

Higuchi

Hi Administrators,

I'm facing as same problem as tomlai. I'd be happy if my response could help all of you.

Below is my condition.
Windows10 / Keyshot9.3 / Intel Xeon W-2125 4.00GHz / Quadro P2000

Thank you,

andy.engelkemier

Wait, isn't this just a known issue? I'm pretty surprised that someone from Luxion is asking for anything and not just saying, "yeah, that's one of the issues with GPU for now."

As soon as we Touch GPU mode we can't update Any images. Even if we go back to CPU mode, all the images are now stuck as they are. Either use a new file, or we have to use a completely new image name, or hit save, then open the file again. I thought there were several discussions quite a while ago about that.
Also, this was an issue in keyshot a Few times, even before GPU. I just assumed it was something similar, but more complicated because it was GPU.