Porsche engine - revisited

Started by Optimusglen, October 15, 2020, 08:21:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Optimusglen

I created the CAD for this (100% nurbs) over the course of a few years. I use the model as practice and have come back to it several times and re-done the materials completely. I'm still learning and progressing.

The engine is what would have been in a 1971 Porsche 911T. I am building a real-life counterpart and measured/modeled each component individually.

this one with headers for a 914-6, but just showing some of the internals

This is my actual engine case showing a couple material references, one for the magnesium case itself but also the yellow plated plugs, a lot of the hardware shares this plating.

novocezi

my wife is obsessed with porsche
I will definitely show her these pictures

Josh3D

Great project! Both the model/render and the engine build.

HaroldL

QuoteI created the CAD for this (100% nurbs) over the course of a few years. I use the model as practice and have come back to it several times and re-done the materials completely. I'm still learning and progressing.

The engine is what would have been in a 1971 Porsche 911T. I am building a real-life counterpart and measured/modeled each component individually.
Kudos for a great model and images. I can see why it took a few years to complete. What CAD program did you model it in?

Optimusglen

Thanks guys! This was modeled in Creo

jamesinv

Superb work I used to work on 911's , engine materials can be difficult to get how you want and understand fully why you have gone back to it...it looks stunning and the one good thing is to have the real thing there which is always a bonus, bravo my friend great job!!