Tools/Plugins for inside of Keyshot

Started by mattjgerard, October 29, 2020, 11:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

Is there any way to write or create tools/plugins for use inside of Keyshot other than scripting? I'm thinking wildly about all the plugins, scripts, shortcuts that are out there for pretty much every other app that are created by inventive users and wondering if that can happen with keyshot? Just some ideas-

-simple geometry manipulation, drawing splines, sweeping shapes. Specifically for myself that needs to constantly be running wires and cables from and to components
-automating things like- renaming studios after camera or model sets. Creating studios from like named model sets, cameras and environments, creating studios from multimaterials, etc
-batch importing and queuing models based on material sets (think this can be done with scripting, but have NO clue how to or where to look to learn)
-Create groups with selected objects and pull group name from first selected object (not having to go through a dialog box as right now)

other stuff will come to mind, but I see the Plugins tab in the preferences, and I wonder what goes there, as all the plugins out there now are for the 3rd party apps to export Keyshot files. There are so many user created wonderful plugins and extensions that I use on a daily basis for Cinema, I'd love to learn how to create these sorts of tools directly in keyshot.

But maybe I dream a bit?

Eric Summers

Don't really have much to add besides I've always wondered what goes in the Plugins tab list myself!