Missing bodies importing SW2011 with KS3

Started by Pascal, November 22, 2011, 06:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pascal

Hi Everyone,

Just installed KS3 and there are components missing when importing a SW2011 assembly. It used to work correctly in KS2.3. Anyone experiencing the same behavior? See the missing door in my cabinet...

Pascal

KeyShot

Hi Pascal,

You can use the KeyShot 2.3 importer by clicking advanced and selecting the old importer. We are aware of some issues in the SolidWorks importer and we are expecting to have these resolved in December.

-- Henrik

Pascal

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I open with 2.3, save and later open with KS3 and it seems to work. It's one extra step, but at least it works.

Regards,

Pascal

PhilippeV8

Pascal, not sure if you got that correct even though your solution probably works.

What you had to do is stay in KS3, select import, then click advanced and chose "old importer", then chose your file from SW and import directly in KS3.
No need to use KS2.

Speedster

QuoteWhat you had to do is stay in KS3, select import, then click advanced and chose "old importer", then chose your file from SW and import directly in KS3.

I have the same issues, which the KS team is aware of.  Funky stuff in the SW importer.  If I use default importer, parts are missing.  If I use the old importer, everything loads, but there's a lot of strange linking of mapping, very difficult to resolve (by un-linking) with my hundreds of mapped surfaces.

So I first import in KS2.3, save it and close.  Nothing else.  Then I open-with KS3 and good to go.

The strangest issue with KS3 imports is that "lofts" simply won't import if the part (with the loft) is in an assembly.  No problem if I just import the part.

Bill G

eric

Yes  same here it's not working like it should.

Is the same thing happening with SW2012?

I hope that these issues with SW importers will be resolved I think it's much more important to keep the quality that Keyshot always had before focusing on new stuff like animation.

There's no way that we are going to upgrade when the keyshot3 is not at least as good as KS2.

We are still waiting for the fix on the SW import plug-in for KS2.
It used to recognize solid bodies from SW but for several months now it doesn't do this anymore.
we where promised a soon to be released fix in june already. still waiting...

Pascal

Thanks for the tip PhilippeV8.

I tried the old importer and that did not work either. As others mention, bodies don't seem to be recognized as well as they used to in KS2.3. Even though there is a workaround, I hope this gets fixed in the  near future.

Best regards,

Pascal