WIP while waiting for 10

Started by HermanCarlsson, November 09, 2020, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HermanCarlsson

Hello, here is a WIP from my current project. I plan to do the final renders in KeyShot10 when I can get my hands on it, looking forward to try out RealCloth 2. Still might need some polishing on the models but I wanted to test render them to see where I stand. Rendered in KeyShot9 and modeled in ZBrush.

HermanCarlsson

I still haven't changed to 10 but I keep working my model/scene to prepare it for final renders when I get my hands on KeyShot10: )

imauserwiththisname

Greetings Herman,

Amazing models! My first instinct is to wonder how much time you invested in getting these epic models created—any insight? I don't have much, if any, experience in the organic side of 3D modeling as I work as an engineer and everything is constraint driver. Seeing work like this keeps inspiring me to start practicing. I have no problem with putting in the time to develop, but have a general curiosity about the amount of time involved in these types of scenes.

Please let me know if you don't mind sharing.

Thank you,
Lookwright

HermanCarlsson

Thanks a lot, I am glad you like it. Amount of time? No clue really : ) I do these project in my spare time so it is an hour here and there whenever I can and have the energy. I still consider myself a seasoned beginner at organic sculpting so I am still trying to develop my workflows and learn this hard craft . If I had to guess on this project I would say at least 40 hours, not sure if that is accurate or just wishful thinking : )

Josh3D

Hope the wait was worth it, Herman! :) These look GREAT.

HermanCarlsson

@Josh3D Thanks a lot! Actually I haven't installed 10 yet but hopefully I can do it tonight and start testing it this weekend : )