Help with texture pattern

Started by superfreakkk, June 21, 2020, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superfreakkk

Hi, I need some help. I create a cloth animation in cinema 4d and import to keyshot. The only whey I find to make the animation work on keyshot was bake as alembic before import to keyshot. I'm trying to put a logo in this animated cloth but the texture moves with the animation... Where I need to apply the logo texture in the material to make this  not move?

Thank you so much for the help.
Regards.

Eugen Fetsch

Hi and welcome.

You need to UV unwrap the cloth and use UV mapping for the texture.

superfreakkk

Hi, thank you for the reply.

When I tried to uv unwrap I receive the follow message: The unwrap tool cannot be used for parts with deforming geometry.

I bring this animation from C4D, before I bake the animation as an alembic. There's another way to do this? Thank you again.

TGS808

Do the UV mapping in C4D. Once the UV coordinates are set in C4D, KeyShot should recognize them when you import your animated model.

Waldo

I am having the same issue with bringing in UV mapped models to KS 9.3 from Maya. When importing an alembic deformation, the UV map is broken upon importing into KS. It only works as a single planner surface or Box map and not as a UV map. Does anyone know the correct export settings? Attached are the recommended alembic settings from the Autodesk/Maya. Thanks for any feedback!