KeyVR update?

Started by Eric Summers, November 18, 2020, 08:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

I have been watching the KeyVR Capabilities page (https://luxion.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KVR/pages/415891841/KeyVR+Capabilities) in the hopes of seeing an update to 10. There are several things unsupported in 9 that I have been waiting on before I try KeyVR. Perhaps I'm being too impatient (or excited :P) and the page will be updated soon?

Jan Simon

Hi Eric,

we don't generally release major new KeyShot and KeyVR versions at the same time. We are working on a new KeyVR release, and have a beta running at the moment. What are you looking forward to in the next version of KeyVR?

Eric Summers

Quote from: Jan Simon on November 19, 2020, 12:39:29 AM
Hi Eric,

we don't generally release major new KeyShot and KeyVR versions at the same time. We are working on a new KeyVR release, and have a beta running at the moment. What are you looking forward to in the next version of KeyVR?

Hi Jan,

I guess I never realized that they weren't released at the same time. :-[

I haven't been able to justify getting the equipment needed to test out KeyVR because I need:
-Anisotropic to appear as such (not isotropic)
-Plastic (Transparent) - I know I could use Glass as a workaround but I already have multi-materials with transparent plastic set up
-Procedural textures (brushed, noise, mesh, spots, etc.)
-Material graph
-Studios

Additionally, things I would like (but not need):
-Metallic paint to respect clear-coat values (I'm sure there are workarounds for this too)
-Advanced material
-Photographic Image Style

I'm sure the limitations of VR are why some of these things aren't supported, but I don't know what would fall into that category. I'm a total VR noob. :P Knowing what things aren't likely to be supported due to limitations would be helpful. That way I wouldn't be waiting for things that probably won't happen and could start thinking about how to work around them.