Sketchup -> Keyshot

Started by loyflut, November 07, 2011, 05:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

loyflut

Hello,

I have several problem if transfer from SU to KS.
The first one is that when I export even a simple object with a subtract action in .obj in KS, the subtract part isn't visible and object appear in KS as without subtraction.
The seconde problem is that when I export a curved object (pic) I see many facets (export in .obj) while with an other render soft (Kerkythea) a friend tried and he don't have this problem.
As I'm new to KS I might have miss some option to avoid this problems

So, if any of you has a clue about the problem I would be glad to know how to solve it. 

Thank's for your help.

guest84672

Why don't you use native SketchUp import? The reason for the faceting is due to poor tessellation in the obj file.

loyflut

Hi Thomas,

Maybe because I get this message "KeyShot discovered an error when importing this geometry" and crash all the time when I try to import a file from native SU save.
So I try an alternative by using obj file.

If you know it's a comomun problem I would love to fix it with or maybe it's my instal version, no idea...

guest84672

What version of SU are you using?

loyflut

guest84672

Are you using KeyShot 2.3 - the latest from our website?

loyflut

No, I'm using the 2.1.20.
Do you think the problem is form this version?

guest84672

8 is not even supported in KS 2.1. Download KeyShot 2.3 from our website.

loyflut

Ok thank's a lot, it's seams to work now.
But I have to test it.
Thank's again for you help.

zsolt67

Hi

I know this is an old topic but i cant figure out how can I sort this out
All curved surface came from sketchup looks like the above.
Any idea?

zsolt67

Looks like working well if if I increase the segment number of the arch.
Now I try rounded corner and gives the result as you see on the screen capture. Is there anything I can do with it?

thomasteger

Apply the wireframe material and take a look at the tessellation of your model. Chances are that you have way too fe polygons.