Problems with Version 10

Started by smalldogstudio, November 25, 2020, 07:34:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smalldogstudio

Hi

I'm sorry to say that I'm experiencing some major problems with version 10. I've got 10.0.198 (4.0.127) installed on Windows 10 Home x64. Using an MSI RTX2060 with 6Gb memory

Issues;
1. Real time view update is jittery on GPU mode, experience 2 or 3 ghosted images from previous camera positions until it updates to current view, images are fuzzy and blurry until it resolves, much worse than v9.3.
2. selecting objects in real time window does not work as in v9.3, cant often select an object ,or double click to get to material, have to select via the scene tree - major issue for my particular way of working.
3. Move gizmo is laggy, appearance and moving
4. Still having lots of scene crashes on open
5. Render queue crashes often too - no obvious entry in log, stills and animation - hard to troubleshoot with little information

anyone else having these issues? feel frustrated, going to stick with version 9 for a while. Is there anyway to save back to 9 via reseller or Luxion?

thanks

D

jhiker

I'm afraid I too am seeing crash reports on opening files.

mattjgerard

best place to post is the General Support forum here- https://luxion.freshdesk.com/support/home

Its a ticket based system where they can track the issues better and you will get better tech based support for things like this. Also directly contact support for one on one help with issues as well, I've found they are very very responsive.

smalldogstudio

Thanks Matt - I will use that, just feeling a bit fed up the other day!

(a update of Nvidia driver has helped with some of the issues btw)

thanks jhiker too, I seem to get something between 30-50% crashes when opening scenes.
bw
D

andy.engelkemier

Notice he said responsive, not helpful. lol
Reminds me of when sprint had really good response time at one point, but when you said something like, "my cell phone isn't working" the person's response was "Oh no, what are you going to do?" Thanks for answering the phone quickly, but that's really not helping.

Erik Williams

What error messages if any are you receiving when the scene crashes?
Can you make a copy of your crash logs and send them to support@luxion.com? A representative will go over the information and see if we can determine what is causing this issue.

TGS808

Quote from: andy.engelkemier on December 05, 2020, 05:52:03 PM
Notice he said responsive, not helpful. lol
Reminds me of when sprint had really good response time at one point, but when you said something like, "my cell phone isn't working" the person's response was "Oh no, what are you going to do?" Thanks for answering the phone quickly, but that's really not helping.

I found a bug that affected my workflow in version 9. I reported it in that forum. They followed up shortly after, confirming that it was a bug and said it would be addressed in the next version. When 10 was released, it was the first thing I checked. It was fixed. I'd call that responsive and helpful.

smalldogstudio

Quote from: Erik Williams on December 07, 2020, 01:10:30 AM
What error messages if any are you receiving when the scene crashes?
Can you make a copy of your crash logs and send them to support@luxion.com? A representative will go over the information and see if we can determine what is causing this issue.

Hi Erik, thanks - yes I often do report issues and send scenes. I'm been really busy over the last couple of weeks just getting work done - but will endeavour to report things. I still have an issue with fuzz and render queue on GPU/CPU giving the wrong result (two different colour fuzz materials render the same using render queue, repeatable error even in v10, clean scene with new geometry) and I often get issues with render queue jobs crashing with no meaningful log information - in fact none! just a red error message in the queue. I'm almost convinced that my GPU is to blame for some of it. I've updated my driver to the latest studio version and still have the problem. I get lots of lux-id an optix related errors

The GPU issues were never resolved - the response was fixed in v10.xxx beta - but they aren't for me unfortunately.

I get crashes in v10 about 30-50% in opening v9 scenes - hard to pin down.

At present I'm not using v10 anymore for production stuff - going to wait for an update or two and keep testing. I am considering an RTX 30xx but they are sold out at present - was thinking that I might get more consistent results with an Nvidia card rather than a 3rd party one (got an MSI RTX2060 at present) - but its a big investment for me and I'd like more reports on them before deciding

thanks

David

DerekCicero

I found a bug that affected my workflow in version 9. I reported it in that forum. They followed up shortly after, confirming that it was a bug and said it would be addressed in the next version. When 10 was released, it was the first thing I checked. It was fixed. I'd call that responsive and helpful.

That's always great to hear. We do monitor the forums, but the Support portal is always the best way to get quick assistance.

DerekCicero

The GPU issues were never resolved - the response was fixed in v10.xxx beta - but they aren't for me unfortunately.

Can you clarify this? We were able to fix the issues in 10? Have you tried the trial version?

andy.engelkemier

Was it the bug where if you use camera shift, the backplate image tiles in crazy and unpredictable ways? Because that's a reported bug (via the support channel) that was said to have been fixed in 10, but not 9.