Question: borders for UV/displacement maps

Started by noaland23, November 27, 2020, 03:04:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noaland23

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to set borders for a UV/displacement map in Keyshot.
I am working on a design with a pistol grip, and although there is a determined part for the rubber in CAD, I would like to apply a texture/pattern only on some areas of the rubber area, for example leaving a non texture ring around the texture.

Right now, I can only find ways in Keyshot to apply a texture on the whole surface of the rubber-part. I tried to use edit-geometry, but it was not working since the polygons are not set in a way to get the area as I want it.

I hope you have an idea or at least can tell me if this can only be done beforehand in CAD. Personally I just find a bit tedious in CAD, since I wanted to work out several Ideas of textures that could be applied on the design. I was hoping Keyshot might be faster.

Thanks a lot!

designgestalt

hello noaland23,
only a quick answer here, so you can go ahead, but I am unfortunately a bit in a hurry....

take a look here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl-9ioPD7X4&feature=emb_logo

So basically you create a mask for where you need the displacement. This works the same way for displacement as for fuzz!

hope that helps!

cheers
designgestalt