Newbie question - green seams on render of DAZ3D figures?

Started by digitaldolemite, November 07, 2011, 11:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digitaldolemite

Hello everyone.  First time posting and naturally it's with a question i cannot seem to figure out.
I love Keyshot to death and use it more than any other renderer I have but I do have one issue that I seem unable to solve concerning the import of DAZ3D figures into Keyshot for rendering with their "human skin" material.
I'm fairly aware this is not a problem with Keyshot as so much an opportunity to ask both DAZ3D and the folks here what they think can be done to solve the issue because after trying endless adjustments, nothing seems to work.

I have tried the following:

adjusting IOR
adjusting specularity
adjusting both in concert with one another.

Ultimately I'm seeing this as a DAZ issue as they have the same problem within their own program but it can be solved there by adjusting the shader rate for renders.

Beyond this I'm at a lost.  Any ideas from anyone?

KeyShot

What happens if you use just a diffuse material? Is the green color in the texture map?

guest84672

digitaldolemite

It only seems to effect the translucent material.  I didn't try the diffuse material specifically but most other types of material do not show it.  The seams do not show up in DAZ3D unless it's in specific situations but it appears it can be easily dealt with (when rendering to an image file) by adjusting their shader option.
I've never personally experienced the problem in DAZ3D.  I've just read about it with other users.

So, the seams are always their.  There's something about the translucent "skin" material in Keyshot and the way it is handling the DAZ3D model.
Like I said, I don't see this as a problem with Keyshot as I've seen Keyshot handles other figure models easily without this issue.
It's clearly on DAZ3D's side of things.

I was just hoping for a workaround that eliminates it.