Motion study export

Started by jblaze, December 07, 2020, 12:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jblaze

Hi guys,
I have a test spring assembly designed in SW 2019 consisting of a spring and two tabs (acting as dummy models) on the sides of the spring. The spring is modeled to compress/decompress when one of the tabs is moved in/away from the second tab (using distance limit mate and following this great tutorial). I did a motion study of that movement and the spring is decompressing as the the left tab is moving away. Attached is the SW exported motion study animation.
The next step was to export the motion study to KS and render the animation in KS. Unfortunately the spring doesn't decompress as the tab is moving away. Is there a workaround that you could suggest?
Alternatively if you could suggest another approach to animate the spring decompressing in KS (except manually scaling the spring frame by frame on the X axis).
Attached are all related files.
Thank you in advance!

Eric Summers

I had the exact same question several years ago: https://forum.keyshot.com/index.php?topic=24647.0

Unfortunately the spring won't compress and expand when exporting the motion study to KeyShot and I haven't come up with any workaround that would be reasonable.

jblaze

Eric,
thanks for replying. I guess we'll have to live with it :).
Hopefully Luxion will add an option to animate the X, Y, Z scales in the next versions.

Eric Summers

I'm sure sending deformable meshes from parametric CAD programs to KS would be a huge ask, but it sure would be nice! I also like your idea of being able to animate the scale of a part.