Author Topic: Keyframe for layered objects  (Read 265 times)

Keyframe for layered objects
« on: December 09, 2020, 02:28:26 pm »
I’ve had a look for an answer to this but couldn’t see one, so please forgive me if this has been answered already. 

I have an object which I would like to follow a path.  All items have been created in Rhino…  The only way I can think of moving this object along a specific path is to array the object, export it to keyshot 10 and then swap out the objects via layers and keyframe animation.

I can’t see any way to import a path for the object to follow and I can’t seem to get the keyframe animation to recognise each item.  I’d like to choose each item and have them flow along the path as if I’d moved them.

Sadly, the location of each item is relative to it’s starting position, so each item is set at zero.  It would be handy if you could choose an object and then have other objects churn out coordinates relative to that first object.  That way I could open up the model, write down the location of each object and just type that in as a translation to move it.

I hope I’m over thinking this and there is a much easier way?

Cheers,

Andy

Re: Keyframe for layered objects
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 07:57:06 am »
Can anyone from Keyshot help me with this simple request, please?

So I can pivot a sphere from one position to the centre of the next but when I run the animation the sphere doesn't move from it's second position?

Any help would be greatly appreciated