USDZ Export Settings

Started by shadowmodel, December 15, 2020, 12:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shadowmodel

A few questions regarding exporting to USDZ file format in the new Keyshot 10 (asking because my MBP keeps popping up the "not enough memory" prompt; I have 16gb RAM):

— what's the standard dpi resolution? I know the higher the resolution the more time it'll take to export.
— are all the parts supposed to be UV unwrapped before exporting? I'm using really standard KS textures and bumps with no displacement maps
— is it normal for the "Baking" step of the process to take up 135GB+ of application memory and get stuck at 0%? What can you do to speed this up?
— does the size of the lighting environment (or mulitple lighting environments, for that matter) affect the export?
— if I have only a selection of objects unhidden, will the export pick up the rest of the hidden objects from the scene to export as well?

The object I'm trying to export is a Mercedes Sprinter size model. Does scale matter? As in, would scaling the object down speed up the export process? Will someone please just outline a list of best practices/preparation tips so this doesn't keep failing for me? I really want to tap into this new feature in Keyshot 10

jens

DPI use the selected DPI or even try 1 for a quick test
DPI is calculated by the size of the object

UV unwrapping needs to be done when textures like bumps etc are used. So this is may your issue

I guess you are using very intense textured material or DPI is way to high, try 1DPI t make sure you are able to export the geometry itself. IOS has limits to augment this size anyway. I remember 100MB as a limit for AR

No you, Keyshot does material baking and no light baking.

Hidden will not be exported.

Size is very essential, regarding DPI and AR