Help or Tutorial for Configurator

Started by Don Cheke, December 13, 2020, 07:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Cheke

I have a box that I want to present in the viewer. I want the inner body (1 part) to be changed to 1 of 6 colors. I want the outer body (3 parts - material linked) to be able to be change to 1 of the same six colors, giving the viewer the option to set up a 2-color box. Mix and match as it were. The cubes in the view were just used while I was deciding on the colors I wanted to use. They are not to be included in the configuration.

I have tried following the help files and a couple online tutorials but they seem to miss some key steps that are keeping me from comprehending this. Can you help me or direct me to a tutorial that illustrates the process in a comprehensive manner.

The screen capture shows what I have set up so far.

Don Cheke

Nobody can help with this? Aren't there any KeyShot staff that can explain this to me?

INNEO_MWo

It started with KeyShot 7 but still work in the same way with a few more options

Don Cheke

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on December 15, 2020, 09:52:01 AM
It started with KeyShot 7 but still work in the same way with a few more options

Thank you, this was very well done. The only thing I couldn't figure out is how  to get thumbnails to show for the two component groups that are getting changed. I see and can use the slider between 1 and 2 but no Thumbnails like Rex shows in the video. Visually I can see some difference in the interface between then and V9, and it must have changed since then. Any idea what I might be missing?

Don Cheke

I read the comments in the video that was linked and see a couple comments about what I am experiencing. What gives? Why is it not the same in V9. I certainly can't afford to see if it is any better in V10.

Comment:
I am trying for 2 weeks and I can´t create the layout shown like on the videos. I mean material choice on the right side and model choice on the left. but what I get is categorized but listed categories al on the left side. I would be so happy if you can give me some tips. it is quite urgent. and when I download the  configurator scenes from Keyshot website, their UI also doesn't appear like on the videos

Comment:
I have same problem, no way to get the user interface as in the video above. I am guessing this is not available for regular users yet (although I am currently testing KS 9 version) I can't get both color and model variations on the same screen, this is very frustrating...

Don Cheke

Quote from: Don Cheke on December 16, 2020, 09:24:46 AM
I read the comments in the video that was linked and see a couple comments about what I am experiencing. What gives? Why is it not the same in V9. I certainly can't afford to see if it is any better in V10.

Comment:
I am trying for 2 weeks and I can´t create the layout shown like on the videos. I mean material choice on the right side and model choice on the left. but what I get is categorized but listed categories al on the left side. I would be so happy if you can give me some tips. it is quite urgent. and when I download the  configurator scenes from Keyshot website, their UI also doesn't appear like on the videos

Comment:
I have same problem, no way to get the user interface as in the video above. I am guessing this is not available for regular users yet (although I am currently testing KS 9 version) I can't get both color and model variations on the same screen, this is very frustrating...

Is there no comment from KeyShot staff?

designgestalt

hello Don,
it is rather seldom, that the Keyshot staff is scanning through the normal sections of the forum. Guys like Dries and Marco do so and help you where they can, but it seems your question is rather specific. You might want to try the "General Support" section, maybe there someone can help you ...

cheers
designgestalt