Limitations for Keyshot files

Started by jakobjakob, January 22, 2021, 02:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakobjakob

Hi, are there any general limitations in size/complexity/elements for Keyshot files being transfered to KeyVR?
I am having trouble opening my current project in KeyVR, both directly from Keyshot as well as KSP. It gets stuck at 99% opening "1 of 0 animations" and there are no animations in the scene. I was able to open it at an earlier stage.
Are there some proven ways to ensure the compatibility of the Keyshot file with KeyVR? I keep deleting parts and model sets, but no succes so far.

Jan Simon

Hi Jakob,

there are limitations in regards to your scene's complexity when you open your KeyShot file in KeyVR. The way KeyVR processes your scene is fundamentally different to KeyShot's approach, enabling it to render VR-friendly (ie. fast and noise-free) images. But a very high polycount, for example, can be more problematic in KeyVR than it is in KeyShot - although the exact limits depend on your hardware.

Having said that, 1 of 0 animations sounds like a bug. If you share the scene with me (via WeShare for example, you can use this direct link: https://wetransfer.com/?to=jan@luxion.com), I will try to reproduce and fix the issue. You can remove any non-related content you don't want to share before uploading.

jakobjakob

Hi Jan, thank you for your support. I just sent the file to you via wetransfer.

INNEO_MWo

What you easily can do for a quick test is to lock every group on top level of the scene tree. Now push the scene to KeyVR. This should be way more faster, 'cause KeyVR hasn't to calculate the groups as parts to run the physic simulation.

Hope that helps.

CheerEO
Marco

jakobjakob

Thank you for your reply, Marco.

I am not sure I understand you correctly - I locked the highest level of the Scene Tree, but that didn't help.

INNEO_MWo

Does the problem still exist, if you try to transfer a simple single part from this scene to KeyVR?