packet sorting facility

Started by Autoexec, December 15, 2020, 04:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autoexec

Packet sorting facility animated by me

Eugen Fetsch

Nice animation. How did you made the scaner lines? As textures? They are not visible on the belt.

Higuchi

Looks so fantastic!
I'm interested in how you make scaner scene too. Is that added by other software like Aftereffects?

mattjgerard

I want to know where you got the models, I am forever looking for industrial settings like this

andy.engelkemier

One really easy way to make a "laser" is to model it, use an emissive shader at something like intensity of 10 to start. Under advanced just turn off everything.
Downside: you have to have Global Illumination turned on. So if you didn't need it before that, then you might want to go the more complicated route of using a light with a stencil on it. I think that's how you do gobos in Keyshot? I've not had the need yet.

Anyway, this method has the added benefit of controlling Exactly how far the laser can travel because it will only be inside your geometry. (you might have to flip normals)

Autoexec

Quote from: mattjgerard on January 14, 2021, 07:10:46 AM
I want to know where you got the models, I am forever looking for industrial settings like this

I work att e-motions and made the models in SolidWorks. Sorry, but can't share them...

Autoexec

Quote from: Ryosuke on January 13, 2021, 08:08:46 PM
Looks so fantastic!
I'm interested in how you make scaner scene too. Is that added by other software like Aftereffects?

Andy is spot on...