Main Menu

OpenVDB sequence import

Started by Weezer, December 18, 2020, 08:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weezer

Keyshot handles OpenVDBs about as well as any other renderer, but for it to be of any use it needs to be able to handle sequences – we could then add mist, rolling fog, clouds and explosions – or any other VDB volume file. We also need access to the various channels for lifelike fire and smoke. Now Keyshot has a solid animation base, I think this would be a brilliant addition!

EDIT: At the moment I'm doing it in Blender, which is fine, but it'd be nicer in KS!

RenderNoob

I'm new to all this (so I recognised I might have missed the mark so apologies in advance) but I do find it frustrating to have something half-implemented as long ago as KS8(?) not be rounded out to at least a sort of entry-level functionality.  It's like supporting PNGs only to not support the alpha transparency option.  There's only so many hot cups of coffee I want to render  :D

Please please have multi-channel support as a QoL update as this is not worthy enough to be strung out until another major update when really it needed to be supported at the start.

Also currently using Blender for VDB work but ideally, I would hope you would want to keep your user base within your own ecosphere for obvious reasons.