Concrete - please!

Started by dude, November 09, 2011, 11:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dude

Hi everyone.

I'm a student of architecture and I'd like to know whether importing concrete maps is a possibility?

Or rather, if a concrete material suitable for Keyshot already exists? Thanks, guys.

Speedster

Hi dude-
All you need to do is find, or photograph yourself, some good jpeg's of concrete, and apply it as a texture to a material. Also check out www.cgtextures.com for some.  They are free, you just have to register.  You can adjust specularity and intensity to suit, and also add in (check enable) a normal map for added realism.
Bill G

dude

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your response.

I am aware of CG, but thought there might be some database with mapped out textures especially for Keyshot.

I'll try out your suggestion!

jhiker

gypephyhoks

Hi Sandy.The Chinese have done this a couple of times,with the ex Melbourne and the ex french Clemenceau.I dont know what they are up to.But for Concrete Aircraft Carriers,have a look at the thread,Aircraft Carriers that never made it in to commission.Especially the Pyecroft  proposed Carriers.
Many Regards Steve.

gypephyhoks

They are also evaluating Composite Plastic ties. Anyone have any information on that ?

The concrete ties that Metrolink and UP use apparently are working out quite well. All are still in place and more is being added as time goes by.