Join Surfaces again after splitting for UV Mapping

Started by sartosa, December 21, 2020, 12:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sartosa

Hi,

I am trying to speed up my workflow and started using the UV-Unwrap tool (to prepare a furniture model for RealCloth). Now I disconnected certain surfaces from my model, which makes it easier to automatically generate the UV Map. So after I have done this, I would like to merge the surface back together, because I would like to make use the "rounded edge" option in the modell properties. (screenshot shows the part I am working on, the UV map which is ok for now and the orange line is where I disconnected the surfaces and would like to merge these together again).

I have searched for a while but can't find any option to merge the surface back together. Is there anything I am missing? Or is it simply not possible (which would be bad...)?

Thank you for any advice here!

DriesV

Hi Sartosa,

Surfaces that have been split using the Split Object Surfaces tool cannot be merged again.
Is it not possible to unwrap the complete surface in one go?

Dries

sartosa

Hi Dries,
thanks for the quick reply. That's not the answer I hope for... It could be so simple to quickly map the surfaces then...

However, yes, I also tried to unwrap the complete surface in one go but it's very time consuming to select every single seam / edge for alle the surfaces. The complete model has many different parts like shown in the screenshot...

Too bad, I believe if merging would be possible, the way I described above would save a lot of time when creating UV's inside Keyshot!

Thanks anyway for your help!