Author Topic: Is there a lot differences when photograph artwork using Prime or Zoom lens?  (Read 96 times)

Offline aadesh26

Hi,

I have seen a lot of people recommending Macro lens for photographing Artwork at the forum.

But as Macro lens(SIGMA) is too expensive and not sutable for me (i am using crop body canon DSLR).

so, i am considering Prime lens(Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM or EF 50mm F1.8 STM) as a substitute.

That prime lens can be purchased as a bargain, but would it show difference in image quality and clarity compare EF-S 18-135 bundle zoom lens?

Or should it be a better choice to purchase macro lens later?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2021, 11:49:41 pm by aadesh26 »

Offline Zeltronic

Depending of the artwork size, or if you need close up or micro detail pictures of the subject, Canon 50mm 1.8 is really a bargain regarding the quality of pictures that this lens can produce (build quality at the opposite really poor ) , in a general maner fixed focal length are quiet better in picture quality than zoom and especially bundle zoom lens, depending of your budget but globaly macro lens are quiet more expensive and only necessary if you need to take picture very close frm you r subject (few centimeters )....