transparency transparent material rendering.

Started by moonduck, January 14, 2021, 09:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonduck

Hello. can you tell me how to render transparency through transparent materials like liquids, gems or glass? I've  used the black background and checked ''use transparency'' in the render settings, but when i try to render with a transparent background, i still see the black background through the glass materials when i open the .png inside photoshop. Thanks for you time.

bdesign

On second thought, I don't think this will work for your situation

INNEO_MWo

Hello Moonduck, hello Eric.

Attached you'll find the ice-liquid scene from standard scenes folder. I deleted the ground and the ice cubes. Also changed the solid glass material and the liquid material (collapsed multi material) to the material type glass, plus activated refractive parameter. And in that special case, because intersecting parts with glass material doesn't calculate the nested dielectrics, I scaled the liquid part down to .98. So there should be a tiny gap between the inner surface of the glass part and the "liquid" body. On top I deactivated some unnecessary lighting options, but you should find all details in the attached KeyShot 9 scene.
BTW KeyShot 10 is working in the same way!

Hope that helps

Cheers
Marco

PS: Not magic or hidden tricks in this case

moonduck

Thanks so much for your time.
your settings worked best. i change the material types to glass

INNEO_MWo

That material type is IMHO the only one with transparency. Or I should take a look into the manual.

Cheers
Marco