Option to hide this Studio thumbnail

Started by Eric Summers, January 19, 2021, 10:15:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Summers

I would like to have the option to hide the circled Studio thumbnail. It doesn't seem to serve much purpose, aside from taking up screen real estate and it does nothing different from the thumbnail below the "Studio 8" text. Since this thumbnail is only shown when that studio is active in the real time view it seems redundant, at least for my purposes. Because everything is so crammed together (my workspace has a lot in it ;D) the Multi-materials list doesn't have much space so I end up having to scroll through.

HaroldL

Have you tried this?

Eric Summers

Yes, but unfortunately that only hides the thumbnails in the Studios list. I do like those thumbnails, it's just the one at the bottom I want to hide.

INNEO_MWo

I've played with the studio UI and saw that there are some helpful options.
With the green marked icon, you can reduce the studio list to a dropdown. The dropdown content respects the thumbnail settings like the studio list.
That enables more space for the active studio options.
The thumbnail on the bottom can be reduced to its minimum.

Does this help?

CheerEO
Marco

Eric Summers

Quote from: INNEO_MWo on January 24, 2021, 12:50:09 AM
I've played with the studio UI and saw that there are some helpful options.
With the green marked icon, you can reduce the studio list to a dropdown. The dropdown content respects the thumbnail settings like the studio list.
That enables more space for the active studio options.
The thumbnail on the bottom can be reduced to its minimum.

Does this help?

CheerEO
Marco

Heck yes that helps! Thanks Marco! I had the thumbnail at the bottom as small as I could but I didn't know about making the Studio list a dropdown. I still wish I could remove that thumbnail but this works well. Cheers!