Fastest renders for animations for Instagram

Started by Artbot, February 01, 2021, 12:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artbot

I am just starting to experiment with animation in Keyshot as well as learning the finer points. My goal is to make animations to playback within Instagram, so my requirements are much less than the 4-8, or 10k images that I would normally make. I need some help with suggestions for rendering a decent, even adequate image to then take into After Effects for further manipulation. My first two experiments were way off the mark in terms of being feasible to get timely outcomes that I can work with (renders taking way too long).

Instagram square shapes for submitting are only 1080 x 1080 and the horizontals are also small (very). But that is the size I am aiming for, in these cases. 
I need to render at 30 fps. and output rendering to still sequences -- .png s (with Alpha) on a Mac.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

mattjgerard

Well, there's a couple of things to try-

1) Keep reflective materials to a minimum
2) Use the Basic render mode, and see if that will give you the quality you want
3) No transparent/transluscent materials
4) No physical lights, HDRI's only
5) Denoise in AfterEffects. Do some tests that will leave your render slightly noise with the lowest sample rate, then denoise in AE
6) Why 30FPS? on web animations, unless looking for the buttery smooth animations, 24fps should be plenty, even down to 15fps depending on the animation
7) Motion blur off unless needed.
8) In the end, you could also look to a render farm, most out there could kick them out faster than you can download them, at high sample rates also.

Not saying all these would work, but these I find are the main killers of render times.

Artbot

Thanks for this. Yes, I like the buttery smooth look. I appreciate the denoise tip. I will try that as well as your other suggestions.

Thank you.