Images Look Very Blurry

Started by jwrexham, February 03, 2021, 11:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwrexham

Hello all,

Complete and absolute novice so please don't shoot me down!

I'm trying out the software but can't seem to get a clean image. It always looks blurry, fuzzy and pixelated.

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is it the settings or do I need to upgrade my graphics card?

My system is:

Mac OS Mojave
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)
Processor 2.5Ghz Intel Core i5
Memory 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I've attached a picture to show what I mean

Any help would be very much appreciated. Just not sure how to solve the issue

TGS808

The HUD on your images shows that it's only run for 2 samples. To get it clearer, it needs to res up more. If you let the real time window sit, it will continue to render that image. The longer you wait, the better it will get. Note that, as soon as you move the camera it will start over. Also, the more complex the image, the longer it will take for the sample count to go up. The default sample amount for rendering out images in KS is set to 64. I usually use 200 for most things.

mattjgerard

TGS got it right, gotta let it bake for a while, especially on that laptop. I've got the 15" version of that one, and I love it, but it isn't no speedy box anymore. Also, you can turn on the "Region Render" option, and crop the image down to a fender or hood edge or something that will speed up the upres process as the computer has to calculate less pixels and give you a good idea of how many samples to render the full image out at to get good quality.

Niko Planke

An other note to make is that the Demo scene you are rendering does have the "Depth of Field" effect enabled on the Camera.
Not only will that increase the amount of samples needed for a crisp image and thereby increase the rendertime, but it will also add a blur on areas that are not in focus.
Giving you the Bokeh effect you would see with a physical camera lense.

So even the finished rendering with lots of samples will have a blurry appearance in the background.

I hope this helps to mittigate some remaining confusion.

designgestalt

also if I see correctly, you have 52 million triangles in that scene?!?
I have never taken a look into that example scene but that is quite a bit to digest for any notebook...

I honestly have no idea about apple notebooks and how grunty they are, but I have a 72 core machine that I do my renders on and I would assume, that a scene like this with a calculated DOF would need some time to clear up on my machine ...

cheers
designgestalt

Edit:
I have just checked and seen, that it is only (!!) 12 million triangles...
that is still a lot... I assume your notebook may be maxed out with such a heavy scene...
your FPS rate is 2 !
that will take some time before enough samples are rendered to give a decent image ...